LIVING WITH A DOWN SYNDROME

Hey..
So, as you may or may not know,
I have an uncle who's down syndrome
He's not a kid okay, he's nearly 50 (49 to be exact)
And yet, he can't do anything on his own!
He can't wash his own clothes in the washing machine cause he don't know which button to push
He can't wash his own dishes without spilling water and food all over the sink and floor
He can't pour his own drink without spilling and won't clean it back up
He can't drive, can't walk alone
And trillion other things that he can't do because of his disabilities

So, here I am enjoying my not even one month holiday with him staying with us
Well, tbh if he's normal. I won't really care soo much cause he can eat/wash dishes by himself
But because he can't, so my holidays actually consist of me babysitting him 😒
It's different when you babysit a kid/toddler, cause you know they'll listen to you
Even if there's tantrum/screaming, you know an ice cream/snacks/toys will do the trick
But not with your DS uncle, if he doesn't like it, he'll whine/cry/sulk and there's nothing you can do but get it for him
He's always right and you're always wrong in his POV
He wants everything in front of him despite its not his
If he wants it, he'll get it


Its not that I dislike him. OFC not!
But we have a really complicated love-hate/annoying relationship
Certain times I'll take reaalllly good care of him, I'll make sure to make Milo for him for each meal, I'll cook something for him to eat during tea time, I'll take him for a drive cause he's bored
But at certain times when he hit my nerves, seriously I'm annoyed as hell
Simple stuffs sometimes annoy me maybe because I've been living with him for way too long?
IDK
But little things such as he spilled some food on the floor, he asked to refill his water eventhough there's more than half of the cup is still in it, like he asked for my food and cry when I didn't gave it to him.
Those small things!
Maybe because I am annoyed with him at some point..
But after a few minutes and I realized Allah made me perfect (physically) to learn and take good care of him cause he's not
So, that's when I realized I'm too hard on him

Although its annoying cause you need to prepare food for a 50 year old man who's supposedly can do his dishes by himself, can clean and wash his own clothes
But no, I need to do it
So, after a few days, I'll get really annoyed when suddenly he cried or started a tantrum
Like boy,,, I did everything. What else do you want? SHISH

And maybe I'm more annoyed cause he's nicer to other people who didn't know him
Like when you're a passerby, he'll for sure wave at you
And you will feel like , "awh he's such a lovely boy"
And yes he is, but not when he starts whining/crying/having a tantrum that everyone hates!! You'll think differently. So, never judge a family members who have a son/daughter with disabilities. We never know how much they're being patience with the kids.

There was once when I seriously broke down and started crying in front of my mom cause I can't handle him anymore
He who took all my fried ice cream eventhough I've been wanting it for days, but then I need to give all of it to him cause he wanted it
He who can't make himself a Milo or even a cup of mineral water without spilling anything and lastly I made a vow to myself that I'll do all his drinks cause I don't want to clean the mess later on
He who can't wash his own clothes and will keep on complaining why I don't wash his clothes today
He who will always say the food I prepared is not nice while eating it away
He who will act nice when my mom/dad is around
He who will ask for this and that and never said a single thank you to me

But for whatever he did to me,
One thing I can still say is,
If anyone disturb him, I'll be one of the people who'll fight for him
No matter what
Cause he's still family

So, let's try our best to be the best caretaker for him until my last day of holiday 💜
Good luck! 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUSAT ASASI SAINS UNIVERSITI MALAYA(PASUM)

score JPJ test at litar

SMS SERI PUTERI, KUALA LUMPUR (SESERI)